- April 2020 Edition of The World Report (Church Newsroom)
The World Report, a semiannual compilation of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints’ global news, released each general conference, is now available on Newsroom and YouTube.
- Video: Honoring the birthplace of the Prophet Joseph Smith (Church News)
Walking along a tree-lined road amid the bright colors of autumn in Sharon, Vermont, on Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019, President M. Russell Ballard, acting president of the Quorum of the Twelve, and Elder D. Todd Christofferson of the Quorum of the Twelve, talked with “deep reverence and appreciation” for the Prophet Joseph Smith.
- ‘Millions shall know Brother Joseph’: Elder LeGrand R. Curtis Jr. explains how (Church News)
The Restoration of the gospel began in the spring of 1820 as Joseph Smith heeded Heavenly Father’s invitation to “Hear Him” — that is, listen to the words of Jesus Christ. Commencing with the First Vision, and throughout the rest of his life, that is what Joseph did.
- How the Church has commemorated the Restoration in previous years (Church News)
The 150th Annual General Conference, held April 5-6, 1980, was unlike any other members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints had experienced to that point.
- ‘Shelter in place’ spiritually and physically, Elder Holland says as isolation orders continue around the world (Church News)
The continuing and growing COVID-19 pandemic is an opportunity for soul- searching and self-examination, the kind of personal reflection that refines faith, strengthens character and “increases our humility before the Lord,” said Elder Jeffrey R. Holland.
- First Presidency announces additional options for missionaries amid COVID-19 (Church News)
With tens of thousands of missionaries being released or returning to their home countries for reassignment due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles have made additional adjustments and options for missionary service. They include temporary releases and reassignments when conditions allow, or the delay of one’s missionary service.
- The Mormons Convene Online (Wall Street Journal)
In the spring of 1820, a teenage boy went into the upstate New York woods to ask God which church he should join. Joseph Smith, in his telling, was shocked by the response. A brilliant pillar of light revealed “two personages.” One pointed to the other and identified him as “My Beloved Son.” Jesus Christ then told Smith that he should not join any church, “for they were all wrong.”